for unto us a child is born


I suppose I knew that Christmas this year would be so different...now having a little one to share the joys, surprises, and wonders with. One of my precious delights was seeing Katerina reach out to the lights and ornaments on the tree, or for the pretty wrapping paper, or her new little dolly...with such a sweet sense of wonder and awe, just desiring to experience each moment and discover what new sensations were awaiting her.

I recently realized how Katerina helps me to slow down and appreciate the little things...whether it is while we are just sitting close in the quiet moments in the morning, or reading a book together, or playing on the floor as she discovers how to move her little body in new ways...each simple act is forcing me to slow down and enjoy the moment.



This has been a gift to me in the busyness of the Christmas season - the time in which we receive Jesus into our lives once again. It really amazes me that God chose a little baby to be the Saviour of the world. It's not what we would expect, but in the miracle of Christmas we are challenged to slow down and receive the gift of Immanuel, God with us.

"For unto us a child is born..." This passage from Isaiah 9 has been on my heart a lot over the last week, as I have reflected on the wonder of the Christ child. I thank God for the gift of Jesus and the fulfillment of his plan to bring light and life into our dark and broken world.

No comments: